Barcelona To Swoop For Chelsea Defender – 3 Reasons Why Mourinho Should Get Rid

According to reports, Barcelona’s transfer ban will be lifted, pending appeal, and will swoop for Chelsea defender David Luiz in the summer. The Brazilian is a player who splits opinion of football fans, but here are three reasons why Jose Mourinho should get rid.

1) Kurt Zouma

Chelsea signed Saint Etienne centre-half Kurt Zouma in January, but the youngster will only arrive at Stamford Bridge in the summer. He’s an extraordinary player and in my opinion is better than Luiz, certainly defensively, which leaves little room for the Brazilian.

John Terry and Gary Cahill will carry on I expect, so Luiz should be offloaded.

2) Calamity

He has never been a player you want to rely on and is renowned for the way he wonders up the pitch, leaving gaps in behind him. It has led to him playing in both the centre of defence and in a midfield slot, but neither have provided him with a permanent home.

I don’t think he is a Jose Mourinho  player.

3) Square peg

As mentioned, Luiz doesn’t really have a position in the Chelsea set up, and is a bit of a floater. Mourinho has his centre-backs sorted for next season with those I have mentioned, but there is also a host of Blues players who can take up a central role.

For me, Luiz really is dispensable. 

1 thought on “Barcelona To Swoop For Chelsea Defender – 3 Reasons Why Mourinho Should Get Rid”

  1. 4) David Luiz's biggest contribution to Chelsea is that he is the leader of the pack of “Brazileros” and help the new players settle in and was also translator before Jose came back. He has scored some great goals & I'll never forget him scoring the penalty in the Champs final. However, for the 10% of the time he's great, the other 90% he is an absolute liability…period…If Barca wanna pay stupid money for long haired replacement for Puyol, let them…He had no place in the Premier League. Sideshow Dave “Defender” the clue is in the name!

Leave a Comment