It is clear for all to see that new Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho sees Napoli and Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani as the man to fire his side to the Premier League title next season, so here are 10 facts about the 26-year-old for Blues fans to take a look at.
1) Cavani was born in Uruguay’s second largest city, Salto.
2) He progressed through the ranks of capital club Danubio before shining in the South American Youth Championship and earning himself a move to Serie A side Palermo.
3) Cavani has two brothers who also play football – Walter Guglielmone who plays as a forward for Beijing BT, and Christian Cavani who also plays the game for a living.
4) After 117 games and 37 goals for Palermo Cavani switched to Napoli in 2010 on a five-year contract.
5) He has so far scored 104 goals in 138 games for the Naples club, including 29 goals in 34 Serie A games last term.
6) Cavani was called up to the Uruguay senior side in 2008 and has gone on to make 54 appearances and score 17 goals, as well as the three goals in five games during the London Olympics.
7) Cavani is represented by Mondial Sport and Management & Consulting Sarl who are also agents to Chelsea’s Ramires and Victor Moses.
8) Cavani is a devout Christian and a member of the Evangelical church.
9) Cavani is married to Maria Soledad Carbis. The couple have two sons – Bautista and Lucas born 2011 and 2013 respectively.
10) Cavani’s hero growing up was Fiorentina and Argentina legend Gabriel Batistuta.